Last night was the very first meeting of the Toastmasters Groningen new 2016 – 2017 season and I could not be more excited. And amazed. And inspired. And terrified.
At one point there was some confusion over who was the general evaluator and I tried to micromanage when I should’ve just let things happen and trusted in the system. Because Toastmasters is where you can make a mess and learn from mistakes. As it happened, every speaker had an evaluator and the general evaluator KICKED SO MUCH ASS.
And I learned a valuable lesson.
Toastmasters Groningen can handle it.
“People more willingly follow a leader who knows where he is going.” ~Ralph Smedley, Founder of Toastmasters
Now that I’m relaxed and breathing, I’m going to share my vision for Toastmasters Groningen 2016-2017 without much explanation today because I’ll flesh these out over the next few weeks with the help of MY AWESOME BOARD.
- President’s Distinguished Club Award
- Organize / Codify Meeting / Board Roles / Education Paths
- Define / Implement the Mentor Program
- One Educational Program / Workshop per Month
- Organize / Delegate Fall & Spring Speech Contests
- Toastmasters Groningen TV
- Facilitate / Inspire Most Excellent Speakers
- Encourage Committees and Future Leaders
- Grab the Explorers’ Cup
- ToastmastersGroningen.nl Site / Blog
K Rain Leander, President