[And Then I Jumped Out Of The Airplane]
But OMG OMG OMG figuratively.
But first the news:
- KLM to cut workforce by up to 5,000 as passenger numbers plunge 95%
- No mandatory coronavirus tests for travelers arriving from covid hotspots
- Face masks made mandatory in certain areas of major Dutch cities
Last night I was having trouble falling asleep, stressed about today. My plan was to do my normal morning routine at work and do the live streaming today from one to three.
As I was keeping my partner awake with mutterings, he suggested I do it as soon as I arrive at work. Immediately. No procrastination.
So I did.
I hit the ground running this morning as I knew I wanted to live stream logging into app.packet.net, commissioning a server, installing CentOS7, upgrading the packages, navigating to rdoproject.org –> packstack quickstart, running those four commands, and letting the installation play out.
SO MANY FAILS
Here’s just a few of them.
- The sun was ACTUALLY OUT so the lighting was off.
- I started the video watching the Other Monitor.
- And lots of ‘uhms’ and ‘so’ and such.
- I didn’t introduce myself until minutes into the broadcast.
- I never welcomed the viewers.
But y’know what?
SO MANY WINS
Here’s just a few of THOSE.
- I ACTUALLY STREAMED and now I’m not scared of it anymore.
- An error flashed at a certain point and I didn’t curse!
- And then I troubleshooted it and FIXED IT!
- RDOproject.org wouldn’t load. For a WHILE. So I DANCED.
- I’m feeling so sassy, that I scheduled the next few recurring streams – on Monday nights I’ll do escape rooms and on Friday mornings I’ll do cloud things.
This Sunday I’m going to vlog – it’ll be published / hosted on YouTube and embedded here, but today’s experiment went VERY well and I’m not nearly so nervous about Sunday as I was about today’s streaming.
Quite the opposite – I’m super stoked!
So, yes yes YES! I highly recommend jumping out of the figurative airplane even if the heights scare the dickens out of you.
Stop procrastinating and DIVE!