[Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut]
Sometimes you don’t.
But first the news:
- Positive coronavirus tests reach seven-week high, but hospital admissions are down
- Blood Donors Wanted for Coronavirus Medicine
- Long-Distance Relationships Exempted From NL Entry Ban From Today
Did you know we’re about to send another rocket to Mars?
In two days, maybe.
Within the next month, fo sho.
- Mission Name: Mars 2020
- Rover Name: Perseverance
- Main Job: The Perseverance rover will seek signs of ancient life and collect rock and soil samples for possible return to Earth.
- Launch Window: July 30 – Aug. 15, 2020
- Launch Location: Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida
- Landing: Feb. 18, 2021
- Landing Site: Jezero Crater, Mars
- Mission Duration: At least one Mars year (about 687 Earth days)
And then you can see videos of some people who worked on this mission and I’m so totally SQUEE about NASA-JPL engineer Heather Bottom.
And then there’s NASA-JPL scientist Moogega Stricker!
And Deputy Project Scientist at NASA-JPL Katie Stack Morgan!
How can you NOT be so totally OVER THE MOON?!?
@NASAPersevere #CountdownToMARS #NASAsPerseverance #OMGOMGOMG