Holy free HOLIES, Warriors.
I asked for suggestions for staycation ideas and you so totally delivered!
It basically comes down to ‘go outside’ and ‘read all the things’.
And I couldn’t agree more.
But first the news:
- The Netherlands extends its ban on foreign travellers to June 15
- Fewer Than 350 People in ICU for COVID-19
- Who was Saint Corona and why are people asking for her help?
Which I’m going to go ahead and add ‘self care’ to those two pieces and I’ve got myself a staycation.
I’ve definitely got to frame the days within a schedule / ritual / consistency cause #sanity
And this morning it occurred to me. Why not have the same schedule I’ve always had with work, except with all those projects / goals / fun things that aren’t … work?
Thus, I need to make a schedule and projects and options.
0645-0830 Morning Rush Hour
0830-1030 Long Ass Walk
1030-1200 Technical Project
1230-1400 Creative Project
1400-1730 Serious Freestyle Self Care and Laziness
1730-2030 Evening Rush Hour
2030-2230 Wind Down
Some Technical Projects might be:
- FitBit / iOS / Application Development
- RDO Project / OpenStack / CentOS Things
- Another Open Source Something
- PodCast / Vlogging / Streaming Experiments
Some Creative Projects might be:
- ReOrganize the Office
- Get Dirty In The Garden
- Build a Mini House
- Choreograph Some Shit
And some Serious Freestyle Self Care and Laziness includes:
- Read Anything While Lazing Anywhere Except In Bed
- Bake Something Called “Death By Chocolate” to Find Out
- Gentle Beautiful Cardio and Strength Training
- Listen to Some Headspace Courses And Not Fall Asleep
All this happens during the week while the kids are at daycare / school / BSO but on the weekends, well, life centers around the kids and their schedules. P and I are trying this new thing where we each take First Minion for some Serious Quality Fun Time. Tomorrow’s my turn which I just realized is a Sunday which means all the stores are closed, but that really shouldn’t be a relaxing time anyway cause #COVID
I suppose I could do pretty much anything on the creative list with him.
This evening while I was walking it occurred to me that I finally have a little extra head space for something other than survival.
And then a lot of this staycation plan came together.
I love it when a plan comes together.
I’d love to hear what your thoughts are as well.
About the staycation plan, sure, but also…
How’re you doing?
Are you finally able to make some space for actions other than Not Drowning?
Is there anything I can do to help?