I managed to take a super long walk and hit 10k steps for the day despite having a huge depression nap yesterday.
The incredible warm sunny spring weather continues to hold for the third day in a row.
The bread maker woke up and did it’s damn job.
I filed my nails.
Things are looking up.
But first the news:
- Coronavirus has taken Dutch healthcare hostage
- Coronavirus the Biggest Humanitarian Disaster Since WWII
- Unclear whether people with mild complaints become immune [Dutch]
My partner is conducting international Corona Virus social psychology research and it’s starting to hit the news:
- Social scientists worldwide collaborate on COVID-19
- How much are we prepared to sacrifice?
- A worldwide study into the psychological consequences of corona, led by a RUG scientist [Dutch]
And while I wouldn’t say I’m #AllBetter but #DoingBetter – today is a #PrettyGoodDay
THIS is why I talk to a therapist or go to the doctor or officially call in sick and take a minute to get better.
Talking to the therapist SUCKS.
But then you sleep and the brain processes and normalizes and calms the fuck down.
And the next day is better.
Now, whether today is better because yesterday sucked so hard or because I’m actually progressing towards a stable place remains to be seen, but it feels fucking awesome.
Also I’m cursing a lot.
So I hope you’re okay with that.
It comes from a place of love.
Warriors, I can’t thank you enough for all the public and private virtual hugs and words of kindness. You all are the bee’s knees.
And I don’t know what I would do without you.
Sure, I’d still write and bake bread and file my nails, but WHO WOULD I TELL, WARRIORS?