I am almost at a loss for words.
OpenStack Summit is the biggest conference I’ve attended thus far. Colleagues have described it as reminiscent of the DotCom days. I have no idea what that actually means.
I am landing the same day I take off (yay, time travel!) and there are TWO pre-conference parties to attend as soon as I step off the tarmac. There are tons of things happening the entire week including a night when a bunch of major sponsors of the conference are renting out an ENTIRE street’s worth of restaurants and pubs to throw a massive party.
But what I am most excited about is all the Women of OpenStack events, talks, and workshops AND ALL THE OTHER THINGS:
- Women of Openstack Pre Summit Social
- Speed Mentoring organized by the Women of Openstack
- Women of OpenStack Working Breakfast Session sponsored by Comcast
- Three’s Company: Are You Jack, Janet, or Chrissy? How Teams Can Work Together to Create Better OpenStack Solutions
- Hunting for Purple Squirrels: Hiring OpenStack Contributors in the Wild
- Want to be an OpenStack Intern?
- Women of Openstack Friendly Faces Meet-Up
- NCWIT Workshop – Champions for Change: Engaging Male Advocates for Diversity and Inclusion
- NCWIT Panel – The Diversity of Innovation
- Diversity Working Group
- Git and Gerrit Lunch and Learn
- Women of OpenStack Afternoon Sync-Up
- Fostering Full Equality
- Newcomers Need You, How to Be a Good Mentor
- From Developer to Manager to Evangelist: Contributions Beyond Python Code
- Gender-Diversity Analysis of Technical Contributions in The OpenStack Projects
- What Science Knows About Happiness That Could Transform OpenStack
- RDO Birds of (a) Feather @ OpenStack Summit
So, of course, this week’s posts will NOT follow the standard [My Monday | Dans Dinsdag / Tech Tuesday | Women’s Wednesday | Thirsty Thursday | Freaky Friday | Caturday | Sundae] format because I’ll be live blogging / posting / SQUEEEing from the Summit.
Oh, yeah, and I’m speaking, too.