I’m back in training, yes, since the first, but I would say it was a new year’s thing as much as a refocus on health. This is something I used to do more often (constantly) when I was dancing professionally and then a bit less often after I retired.
Now that the child unit has upgraded its walking modules, it’s time to recover from the gestation period.
Translation: It’s time to get back into shape after pregnancy. It’s been a year already.
When I’m in training I set a few daily / weekly focus goals for a four week period and adjust at the end of each week, depending on results. Since the first, the goals include:
1. pre workout smoothie with almond milk and whey protein
2. something movement focused for 45 – 60 minutes
3. post workout breakfast smoothie with almond milk, berries, a banana, and whey protein
4. daily meds / vitamins
5. consistent morning and evening routines that include yin yoga
6. 10k steps per day
7. strength training 2-3x week
8. long ass walks 2-3x week
9. no junk
10. tattling on myself with fitness and food trackers
And it’s time for a weekly review. Even though it’s the tenth. SHOOSH