Came across this gem, I can bring home the bacon; why are you so interested in the pan?, while reading one of my daily doses, Mighty Girl and, while, yes, go read the linked article, What My Uterus Can Teach You About Being a Tech Leader, this, in particular, resonated:
And the video’s up.
If you listen carefully, you can hear ProsAlpha off camera.
- build a 3D printer from scratch. experiment with printing clothes and food and age appropriate toys for ProsAlpha. throw a catered fashion show. keep the toys.
- design, build, decorate and use a badass halloween advent calendar ala https://www.etsy.com/listing/240614464/this-halloween-advent-calendar-house-is# cause badass. maybe make something similar for xmas. maybe something totally different.
- speaking of advent calendars, organize / collect / make decorations for the holidays that we actually want to celebrate in our family (xmas and halloween and …? chocolate easter? sinterklaas? thanksgiving?) cause ProsAlpha is going to be old enough to make memories soon and little holiday shrines are cool. like bowties.
- get back into shape walking / running. get / make a zombie morph suit. run an obstacle course in it. with friends.
- invent something awesome. something something something. make millions.
- take figure skating lessons. and / or hip hop lessons. and / or circus silk lessons. perform.
That’s right, Folks.
You heard it hear first.
— K Rain Leander (@rainleander) June 2, 2015
I’M TALKING AT DJANGOCON US 2015!
I know I know yesterday’s post was LONG.
You can skip through the slides quickly, but they’re a bit confusing because I don’t really know how to use slides (YET!) and just post highlights there – clues to keep me informed about what comes next rather than my speech verbatim.
Better yet, you can read summaries from people who were in the audience and wrote while I was speaking.