[Dutch Lock Down Day Three Hundred Forty]
Deborah Siegel, gender scholar and mother of boy/girl twins, brings to life key research about the gendering of childhood in the earliest years of life.
Taking us through a personal journey peppered with blunders and epiphanies, she challenges us to move beyond pink and blue and learn something new about gender from society’s smallest experts: our kids.
But first the news:
- Football and beer in the sun: coronavirus experiments continue
- 1 millionth Covid vaccine administered in Netherlands
- Coronavirus lockdown: curfew extended, secondary schools and hairdressers to open?
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.
Deborah wants us to remember to:
- Embrace the purple.
- With great power comes great responsibility.
- Small change brings big change.